Welcome to Episode 3 of the Cancer Companion Podcast!
With summer weather finally upon us, it’s time to start thinking about staying sun safe, cool, and healthy. You might be wondering whether or not it’s safe to sunbathe after your cancer treatments, or if you’ll need to spend the entire summer indoors! In this episode, we discuss how cancer treatments can affect your skin’s sensitivity to the sun. And we give you a bunch of handy tips to help you stay sunburn-free all summer long.
We also get the inside scoop from Dr. Yoga about the benefits of yoga throughout the cancer journey. (Hint: it’s a great way to de-stress, get some gentle exercise, and relax during the emotional ups and downs that cancer can bring!)
On this week’s episode:
- We talk about how to manage sun exposure throughout your cancer treatment and whether or not sunbathing post-chemo is a good idea.
- Dr. Yoga, author of Yoga for Breast Cancer Survivors and Patients, gives us the inside scoop on the benefits of yoga for cancer patients, and encourages us to incorporate the practice into our daily routines.
- I have a chat with Chris Harvey – a lovely cancer patient from the UK, who is currently being treated for melanoma. Chris’ compassion and kindness were really touching, and it was a pleasure to hear from him about the importance of family and support throughout the cancer journey.
- Our top 10 tips for managing sun exposure during cancer treatment.
- This Q&A about yoga during the cancer journey – with Dr. Yoga, author of Yoga for Breast Cancer Survivors and Patients.
We’d love to know what you think! Email Kylie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tweet us @LBWCancer. Join our Facebook page at facebook.com/livebetterwith.
And if you’re really keen, we’d love for you to leave us a voice message at: speakpipe.com/livebetterwith.
How do I listen?
Our audio show is a “podcast.” A podcast is similar to a radio show, with one key difference: you don’t have to tune in at a specific time to hear the episode. You can listen to it whenever and wherever you want. Just click the play button above on any device that you’d like to use to listen to the podcast, sit back and relax.