“I was determined to fight cancer with every ounce of strength I possessed”

Soap and glory for Irish  entrepreneur Deborah Neill

Deborah Neill

We’re always on the lookout for new, innovative, and most importantly helpful products to add to our growing catalogue. A new addition to our site is Deborah Neill Handmade Soap, beautiful handmade soap created by a cancer survivor to help soothe irritated skin that has been affected by cancer treatment.

Here, soapmaker Deborah recalls why launched her handmade soap brand and why she recommends her soaps to fellow cancer patients:

Continue reading ““I was determined to fight cancer with every ounce of strength I possessed””

Share:

“I’m only 25? How am I going to meet a partner going through cancer?”

Guest blogger Annie Belasco shares her experience of anxiety following her breast cancer diagnosis – aged 25

Annie Belasco anxiety blog 1
Annie Belasco

I didn’t live well. I boozed, I smoked, and I didn’t sleep. I worked hard, overrated my love life and underrated my health. I didn’t think about it. And so, my unhealthy lifestyle set me up for the most difficult recovery of my life. To fight for my life.

I was not well. At all. I had breast cancer. “I’m only 25? How am I going to meet a partner going through cancer?” I said, full of accusation and disbelief. A genuine question and at the highest of importance at the top of my list of endless questions.  Swiftly ignored my surgeon in front of me with the shadow of the mammogram behind his shoulder. He began to speak. A lot of medical jargon or facts that I had to immediately absorb. 

Continue reading ““I’m only 25? How am I going to meet a partner going through cancer?””

Share: