Buying gifts for someone with cancer this Christmas? We can help! Introducing our series of Gift Guides, to help with symptoms and side effects of living with cancer.
If you know someone experiencing hair loss from cancer treatment, here are a few useful products that can help to make Christmas time a little brighter!
When a loved one gets cancer, it’s hard to find the right words to say, let alone the right things to give to them during this time.
While it may be tempting to purchase that new handbag they’ve had their eye on for a while, or their team’s latest football kit, remember to give Christmas gifts that someone having cancer treatment can use right away to help ease symptoms and side effects.
The gifts in our Live Better With Christmas Gift Guides are all designed to make the cancer experience easier, no matter what type of cancer your loved one is living with.
Hair Loss Gifts
1. Nioxin System 2: Nioxin is an award-winning range formulated to help strengthen thin hair and increase the hair density. The system is also designed to refresh the scalp and provide SPF 15 protection.
2. Eylure Eyebrow Stencils: Chemo can sometimes cause eyebrows to lose there fullness and shape. Eylure Brow Stencils are pre-shaped arches that can be used for the precise redrawing and reshaping of brows. These brow stencils are easy to use, and they offer the ideal style for everyone, with each box contains four different shapes. Use with the natural and organic Lavera Eyebrow Pencil.
4. Men’s Bold Beanie: Swap the dodgy Christmas jumper for a useful and stylish beanie hat. Made from cotton, they’re very breathable and perfect to wear on their own or as a liner under woolly hats and helmets.
5. Lindens Biotin Vitamins for Hair Growth: Biotin is a supplementary health product that contains the B-Complex vitamin B7 which helps promote growth.
6. Bamboo Wig Liner: Wigs can feel scratchy and irritate the skin, causing pain and discomfort. With no seams and a silk-like touch, his wig liner is a luxurious version of the standard wig cap.
7. Toppik Brow Building Fibres: Toppik Brow Building Fibers makes thin eyebrows appear much thicker and naturally full in one simple application. Toppik uses only the most premium hair building fibers, made from natural coloured keratin fibres, to ensure that the result looks as natural as possible. A perfect stocking filler, the set also includes a brow wax for shaping.
8. Toppik Hair Building Fibres: Using the same science as the Brow Building Fibres, Toppik Hair Building Fibers are a cosmetic solution to help hair appear thicker and fuller. Each fibre carries a natural static charge which allows it to bind to even the smallest of hairs and stay in place throughout the day, only coming off when washed with shampoo.
9. RapidLash Eyelash Enhancing Serum: Another great stocking filler, RapidLash Eyelash Enhancing Serum is clinically proven to help boost the appearance of eyelashes in as little as 60 days.
10. A thoughtful greeting card: Show your love and support with a thoughtful handwritten greeting card this Christmas. (If you’re not too sure what to write, see our tips on How to Write a Card for Someone Who Has Cancer)
11. Lightweight Silk Scarf: This stunning silk scarf is a must for those who don’t want to faff around with loops and ties. The permanently tied silk scarf is attached to a soft stretch band that sits comfortably around the head.
Do you know a child or family who could use some support? Looking for a tasteful, helpful gift for a young child with cancer in your family or community? Use this graphic (below) and share it across your social media, email lists, or even print it out and pass it to someone in need.