Buying gifts for someone with cancer this Christmas? We can help! Introducing our series of Gift Guides, to help with symptoms and side effects of living with cancer.
If you know a remarkable woman living with cancer who needs a pick-me-up, check out our Wonder Woman Gift Guide!
When a loved one has cancer, it’s hard to find the right words to say, let alone the right things to give to them during this time.
While it may be tempting to purchase that new handbag they’ve had their eye on for a while, or their team’s latest football kit, remember to give Christmas gifts that someone having cancer treatment can use right away to help ease symptoms and side effects.
The gifts in our Live Better With Christmas Gift Guides are all designed to make the cancer experience easier, no matter what type of cancer your loved one is living with.
Cancer Gifts for Women
1. Pocket Posh Memory Games: Stylish and compact, the Pocket Posh puzzle books (available online and at the Live Better With Boutique at Browns store) can help to keep the brain active and boredom at bay.
2. Defiant Beauty Nail Oil: Created especially for those with cancer, the nail oil helps to moisturise and nourish nails damaged by chemo, including dry nails, brittle nails, loss of nails and ridges.
3. Tea & Chemo by Jackie Buxton: Winner of our 2017 Spotlight Award for Best Book, Tea & Chemo by Jackie Buxton is full of anecdotes which highlight the different points of the author’s breast cancer treatment and how she got through the side effects.
4. Eylure Eyebrow Stencils: Chemo can sometimes cause eyebrows to lose there fullness and shape. Eylure Brow Stencils are pre-shaped arches that can be used for the precise redrawing and reshaping of brows. These brow stencils are easy to use, and they offer the ideal style for everyone, with each box contains four different shapes. Use with the natural and organic Lavera Eyebrow Pencil.
5. Defiant Beauty Exfoliating Sponge: The Defiant Beauty Exfoliating Sponge is a perfect skin affected by cancer treatment. It provides a gentle yet effective natural exfoliation, helping the skin to recover and look radiant.
6. Defiant Beauty Smooth Skin Oil: A luxurious and moisturising body oil, with the gentle and relaxing fragrance of sandalwood and neroli formulated to heal and rejuvenate the skin and assist in scar reduction.
7. Lyonsleaf Calendula Cream: Lyonsleaf Calendula Cream is ideal for help tackling skin issues such as irritation, itchiness, and dryness that can often be caused by cancer and its treatment. The home-grown calendula in this product is a natural, powerful anti-inflammatory that promotes healing and cell regeneration without the side effects typically associated with topical steroids.
8. Jasmine Silk Sleep Mask: Give the gift of blissful sleep with this luxurious silk sleep mask. Naturally hypo-allergenic, it’s ideal for someone experiencing sensitive or itchy skin who needs to catch a few winks.
Think you know someone who could use some present shopping inspiration? Use the long graphic below to share this gift guide on social media, email it to a friend, or even print it out and stick it on your fridge as a hint to the Christmas elves.