What might you experience ?
You may find some of the following symptoms familiar:
- Trouble falling asleep (insomnia is when this is happening at least three nights a week for more than a month)
- Waking up frequently during the night and then finding it hard to go back to sleep
- Waking up too early in the morning
- Not feeling refreshed when you wake up
Why does this happen?
Side effects from the tumour itself and from your medication and treatment may be keeping you up at night. The things that may often keep you up include:
- Feeling stressed, anxious or depressed
- Suffering from physical discomfort, such as itchy or burning skin, feeling sick, being in pain, headaches, acid reflux or bladder problems
- Having hot flashes multiple times a night, and constant sweating
- Getting used to unfamiliar environments and changes to routines, such as an overnight stay at the hospital