To help people live better with cancer, we donate $1000 to the American Cancer Society every month.
If you're recovering from mastectomy or other chest surgery, front closure bras are one of the most comfortable bras you can wear. And ours is made from the softest, most breathable material out there - bamboo.
- Super comfortable, extremely soft bamboo fabric - naturally hypoallergenic and antibacterial
- Front closure bra with zip - easier to fasten than traditional clasps when recovering from mastectomy
- Discreet prosthesis pockets and comfortable wide straps to take the pressure off your chest
Because our bamboo bra was designed with mastectomy in mind, we’ve chosen an easy front-zip opening so you can avoid straining around your back and fiddling with fasteners. The easy front-zip access makes this bra perfect for hospital check-ups and surgery recovery, and the metal zip is kept off your skin by a soft fabric layer.
We’ve also built in pockets for breast prostheses or padding. Each pocket contains three openings so that you can position your material conveniently, adding or taking away padding as it suits your style and needs.
Our underwire-free bamboo bra has been specially designed to provide support without straining, pressing, or applying unwanted pressure to the body. The straps are also designed slightly wider in order to relieve pressure from the chest.
Bamboo fabric is breathable and extremely soft, making it the perfect choice for clothing that sits directly against the skin. Bamboo is also naturally hypoallergenic, antibacterial, and moisture-wicking; all the qualities you need to keep you comfortable as your body recovers from surgery.
- Small - A-B, 30-32
- Medium - B-C, 32-34
- Large - C-D, 36-38
Why do people living with cancer recommend this product?
I needed something comfortable and easy to wear after my mastectomy, but I didn't want to feel too bulky. This bra is perfect: lightweight, comfortable and easy to take on and off.
What is the Bamboo Bra made of?
95% bamboo, 5% elastane.
How do I wear the Bamboo Bra?
Simply slip over your shoulders and zip up at the front to wear. You can adjust the length of shoulder straps to achieve a better fit.
To insert prostheses or padding:
- Unzip the bra and lay it on a flat surface with the inside portion of the fabric facing you.
- Find the prostheses pockets on both sides of the inner fabric. Each one has 3 openings (2 at the bottom, and 1 at the top).
- Bend the prostheses to fit into the pockets and allow them to expand naturally.
- You can use the remaining pocket openings to adjust the prostheses as necessary.
The best, softest bra
I have tried many bras since having my mastectomy and this is the only one that has felt comfortable and lightweight. I love the front zipper opening because it's simple and easy. The little lace details are cute and make me feel a bit feminine. Would definitely recommend.