Kelo-Cote Scar Gel UV with SPF 30 15g
Reduce the appearance of both old and new scars with Kelo-Cote Scar Gel UV
To help people live better with cancer, we donate $1,000 to the American Cancer Society every month.
- How to use
- Product FAQs
About Kelo-Cote Scar Gel UV with SPF 30 15g
Kelo-Cote Scar Gel UV is a highly effective, patented topical silicone gel that is famous for its ability to reduce the appearance of both old and new scars in just 60 days. With SPF 30, this gel helps to shield scarring from UV exposure.
Silicone scar gels like Kelo-Cote are the #1 most recommended scar reduction treatment by dermatologists*.
They help to soften, flatten and smooth raised scars whilst maintaining the moisture balance and elasticity of the adjacent skin, making them perfect for use after surgery for cancer treatment.
Kelo-Cote Scar Gel UV at a glance:
- Kelo-Cote Scar Gel is clinically proven to reduce the appearance of old and new scars
- Acts like a second skin - ideal for wearing under makeup
- Contains SPF 30 to protect scars from the aggravting effects of the sun
- Highly effective, multi-award winning scar gel recommended by healthcare professionals
- Easy to apply, transparent and odourless
- Reduces discolouration, redness, itching, pain, and discomfort
- Suitable for children and adults of all ages
- Waterproof and highly flexible
- Reduces scar appearance in 60-90 days
Kelo-Cote Scar Gel UV is a silicone scar therapy product with SPF 30. Silicone gels are the most recommended line of treatment for scars by healthcare professionals including dermatologists and plastic surgeons, and is clinically proven to help soften and smooth both old and new scar tissue in just 60-90 days.
Kelo-Cote Scar Gel is transparent and odourless, easy to apply and self-dries within 4-5 minutes, forming a waterproof, flexible membrane that acts like an extra layer of skin. This smooth layer makes it easier to apply cosmetics over the scar if you want to, to help reduce its appearance and protect it from UV damage thanks to its SPF 30.
Kelo-Cote Scar Gel silicone gel actively reduces discolouration, redness and the associated itching, pain, and discomfort of scars. It can also be used in conjunction with other treatment options such as pressure garments. Kelo-Cote is suitable for use on children and people with sensitive skin.
Please note, Kelo-Cote Scar Gel will work differently on different skin types and might not produce the same results for everyone.
Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5.0%, Octocrylene 10%, Oxybenzone 6.0%, Polysiloxanes, Silicone Dioxide, Isopropyl Myristate
Kelo-Cote Gel Instructions
How to apply Kelo-Cote Scar Gel UV:
- Ensure the area is clean and dry.
- Apply Kelo-Cote Scar Gel to the area as a very thin layer and allow to dry.
- Apply twice daily.
- For maximum effect, Kelo-Cote Gel should have 24 hour contact with the skin, so top it up if necessary.
- Once dry, Kelo-Cote Scar Gel can be covered with pressure garments or cosmetics.
- If Kelo-Cote Scar Gel has not dried within 4-5 minutes, you have probably used too much product. Gently remove the excess and allow the drying process to continue.
- Tips for drying: Kelo-Cote's drying process is assisted by the temperature difference between the gel and the skin. To reduce drying time in hotter climates, keep Kelo-Cote Scar Gel in the refrigerator. In colder weather, use the low setting on a hair dryer to reduce drying time.
How long should I use Kelo-Cote Scar Gel UV?
- Recommended minimum treatment time is 60-90 days.
- For new scars: start treatment as soon as your wound has closed or the stitches have been removed.
- For old scars: larger and older scars may take longer and continued use is recommended if improvement is still seen after initial 90 days.
How do I use Kelo-Cote scar gel?
Ensure affected area is clean and dry, apply the Kelo-Cote gel to the area as a very thin layer and allow to dry. Apply twice daily.
For maximum effect, the Kelo Cote gel should have 24 hour contact with the skin. Once dry, feel free to cover it with pressure garments, sun block or cosmetics. If it hasn’t dried within 4-5 minutes, you’ve probably used too much. Gently remove the excess and allow the drying process to continue.
Drying Kelo-Cote gel
Tips for drying: Kelo-Cote's drying process is assisted by the temperature difference between the scar gel and the skin. To reduce drying time in hotter climates, keep Kelo-Cote in the refrigerator. In colder weather, use the low setting on a hair dryer to reduce drying time.
What results should I expect using Kelo-Cote scar cream?
Kelo-Cote scar cream's results will differ between individuals, and will mainly depend on the type of scar (surgical, keloid), the size of scar (large, small), and how long the scar has been there (old, new).
Typically, people will see a flattened or reduced scar from days 60 to 90. However, if the scar is older, keloid and/or larger in size, results may take longer.
How do I know if my wound is healing?
Swelling and scabbing is a normal part of the process when a wound starts to heal. If your wound is a surgical wound that has been closed by stitches (sutures) or staples, you might find there’s not much of a scab. Once swelling has decreased, you might find that the skin becomes pinker as it begins to heal.
You should be concerned if you find your wound leaking fluid, if it’s sore to touch (it will be sore to touch post surgery but should subside), sore without touch, reddened, foul smelling or if the wound starts to tear in any way. It’s important that you inform your doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.
Can I do anything to remove my scar completely?
Products such as Kelo gel can help flatten and smooth the skin, decreasing the appearance of scars. However, it’s important to remember that these types of products can never completely remove scars or make them invisible.
Some people who have keloid scars may be able to have them frozen off or reduced. A dermatologist is the best person to discuss removing or decreasing the appearance of large keloid scars.
How long should I use Kelo-Cote scar gel for?
To get optimal results, it is recommended that you use Kelo-Cote gel for 60 to 90 days. However, results can vary among individuals. People with older or larger scars should continue using the Kelo-Cote gel beyond the 90 day period to get the best results. If under any circumstances you start to experience irritation, make sure you stop using Kelo-Cote scar gel immediately.
Is there anywhere I should avoid applying Kelo-Cote?
Kelo gel should never be placed on mucous membranes, in the eye, or on open wounds. Also, if you’re experiencing third-degree burns, we wouldn’t recommend using Kelo gel.
Can I wear makeup or sunscreen with Kelo-Cote?
Yes. After cleaning and drying your skin, apply a thin layer of Kelo gel onto the area. Once it has dried, it’s fine to put makeup or sunscreen on the area. Please note that Kelo-Cote does not contain SPF, so it’s important to always wear sunscreen as well.
We haven’t received any feedback on this product yet
If you have had a positive experience with this product let everyone know below!
Customers also bought