Opsite Flexifix Transparent Film Roll
To help people live better with cancer, we donate $1000 to the American Cancer Society every month.
I used this transparent film roll to cover my bandages after my surgery. They worked like a charm!
- How to use
About Opsite Flexifix Transparent Film Roll
The Opsite Flexifix Transparent Film Roll is an adhesive film roll designed to help keep your wound dressings, stoma covers, or tubes in place. Opsite can also be used to help protect the skin.
- Opsite Flexifix will help to protect your skin or wound dressings
- Opsite is easy to apply (by sticking to the skin or desired area) and will stay in place once positioned
- Transparent film allows you to keep an eye on the state of your wound or dressing
- The film is waterproof and protects against bacterial contamination
- Opsite Flexifix is also vapour permeable, which means that sweat and fluids won't collect under the dressing
- Perfect for use on awkward areas of the body (i.e. knees, elbows, or rounded areas)
- 5cmx1m of film comes in each roll
If you're recovering from cancer surgery or treatment and need to keep bandages in place, Opsite Flexifix can help. The film is both waterproof and vapour permeable, meaning that it will protect the site from direct contact with water while simultaneously making sure that your skin can breathe. No sweat or moisture will build up and become itchy or uncomfortable beneath the film. Opsite Flexifix Transparent Film Roll is also perfect for use in awkward areas where conventional bandages might not be appropriate. The film conforms to the shape of your body for a comfortable, long-lasting fit.
How do I use it?
- Using scissors, cut off the desired length of film from the roll.
- Fold the strip of film along its length. This will help to "crack" the protective papers on the film.
- Remove the backing paper marked No. 1 "remove first."
- Then, apply the film to the desired area and gently smooth it down.
- Remove the squared grid carrier (marked No. 3)
- When you want to remove the film, gently stretch the film parallel to the skin, and lift it off slowly.
- If you have any questions about using Opsite Flexifix Transparent Film Roll, speak with your healthcare practitioner.
Customers often buy together
It is working perfectly.
Hard to peel off the back of the backing paper
I haven't used it yet, I have a PICC line and have large bandages to cover the PICC line opening. I thought this tape would help me cover the bandage without adhering to my already adhesive bandage to keep it dry. It doesn't seem large enough to protect my bandage without adhering it to the bandage itself.
Good product and is exactly what I wanted. A little on the expensive side I thought but I suppose we have to pay for technology! Would buy again though, as it helps to retain my pain control patches in this hot weather !
Excellent product. I had been told by my local Chemist that no product would keep a dressing dry while I was snorkelling. This product did. I changed it every 2 days. It worked even when I showered.
his was an invaluable find, for keeping on medicine patches during the hot spell, or you have had problems with patches staying on. They would also be a great solution to some of the cheaper brands of patch, that come off quickly for no reason. This isn't a cheap item, but it's incredible quality, so you need the bare minimum and it does an outstanding job. I couldn't recommend higher. Especially good to know about with pressure on surgeries to use cheaper brands of patch, which are hopeless at staying put. You can have 100% confidence with this product! and I did a lot of looking before I found it. This wider size is more economical.
Ok I bought after getting a spider bite that didn't want to heal and we were off on another trip that entailled 'wet landings' from small boats (over the side and wade to shore). Didn't want to make the wound on my leg worse, but certainly didn't want to miss out on the trip. This was excellent, I covered the normal dressing with it and waded away to my hearts content, the dressing underneath did indeed stay dry. I've only given it 4 stars because it's not easy to put in place (you could do with more hands) and I wasted quite a bit when it crumpled up and stuck together before I'd managed to get it in place .... but I did get better with practice!
arrived early did everything as it should held Bu trans patches in place perfectly, did not come off in shower or if i sweated but when time to remove came away with no problem