Paxman Chemo Shampoo & Conditioner for Use with Cooling Cap
Paxman Chemo Shampoo & Conditioner is gentle, soothing and chemical free for any sensitive scalp.
To help people live better with cancer, we donate $1,000 to the American Cancer Society every month.
"I used the Paxman chemo shampoo and conditioner throughout my chemotherapy- the cold cap helped me to retain my hair, and the shampoo and conditioner ensured that my hair always looked good. I am continuing to use both after treatment." - Susan.
- Product FAQs
- How to use
About Paxman Chemo Shampoo & Conditioner for Use with Cooling Cap
Paxman Chemo Shampoo and Conditioner are gentle, soothing, and free from chemicals that may irritate your sensitive scalp after chemotherapy - making them perfect for using alongside any cooling cap system.
Paxman Chemo Shampoo & Conditioner at a glance:
- Ideal for use before, during, and after chemotherapy
- Mild, nourishing ingredients soothe the scalp
- Protects the hair and prevents dandruff
- Formulated by Paxman, the experts in scalp cooling and chemotherapy hair loss prevention
- Perfume, paraben and sulphate free - won't irritate your sensitive scalp
Paxman Chemo Shampoo & Conditioner in detail:
Using a cooling cap during every chemotherapy treatment can reduce hair loss significantly and in some cases prevent it all together.
However, your hair and scalp are likely to still be delicate and fragile during and after your treatment, so it's important to use mild, gentle products that soothe and protect.
Paxman Chemo Shampoo and Conditioner are both formulated by Paxman, one of the leading providers of cooling caps for use during chemotherapy.
Paxman hair care products are designed specifically for people going through chemotherapy, and aim to minimise hair loss and thinning while soothing your scalp.
Paxman Chemo Shampoo and Conditioner work best when used together. They are suitable for anyone going through chemotherapy, whether you are using a cooling cap to prevent hair loss or not using one.
Many scalp cooling systems recommend that you dampen the hair and run conditioner through it before placing the scalp cooling cap on your head - Paxman conditioner is a great option for this, as it's specially formulated to be non-irritating and gentle enough to stay on your scalp for a long period.
Who is the Paxman Shampoo and Conditioner appropriate for?
The Paxman Shampoo and Paxman Conditioner were developed by the same team who created the Paxman Scalp Cooling System. They developed the shampoo and conditioner to ensure people got the best results from cooling caps. Using gentle ingredients, and dermatologically tested, the Paxman Shampoo and Conditioner is ideal for anyone undergoing chemotherapy, whether they decide to use scalp cooling or not.
How does Paxman Shampoo differ to other shampoos?
When undergoing chemotherapy, your scalp and skin can become sensitive. To minimise hair loss, you want to use dermatologically tested and gentle hair care products that also will not irritate your scalp. Paxman Shampoo has based their product ingredients on this notion.
Can I use Paxman Shampoo if I am using a different scalp cooling system, or not using scalp cooling at all?
Yes, the Paxman Shampoo is a very gentle shampoo and great to use during and after chemotherapy. People undergoing whole brain radiotherapy can also benefit from its mild formula. The shampoo is perfume, sulphate, paraben and colour dye free.
Will Paxman Shampoo help my hair grow?
Paxman shampoo does not stimulate hair growth after chemotherapy or radiotherapy. But it is a gentle shampoo that removed impurities and is great for those living with a sensitive scalp due to chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
Shampoo/Cleanser: Procapil, allantoin, oleanolic acid, climbazole, piroctone olimine
Conditoner: Allantoin, oleanolic acid, climbazole, piroctone olimine
Free from perfume, suplphates, parabens, dyes.
How do I use it?
- Most people recommend only washing your hair once or twice a week during chemotherapy - this helps to prevent damage, breakage, and scalp irritation.
- Be gentle with your hair at all times during chemotherapy - even if it isn't falling out, your hair is more delicate and prone to breakage during chemo.
- Do not use heat or harsh styling products on your hair - this means no hairdrying or straighteners!
- It's not recommended to use chemicals on your hair during chemotherapy, so colouring, perms or other harsh treatments will have to wait until after chemo.
- When having chemotherapy and scalp cooling it is recommended to wash your hair at least 24 hours before treatment.
- Many scalp cooling systems recommend that you dampen the hair and comb conditioner through it before placing the scalp cooling cap on your head.
- If you're able to, Paxman recommend washing your hair when you get home from your chemotherapy session - especially if you still have conditioner in it from the cooling treatment.
Customers often buy together
Nice products to use and do what they say on the box.
I used the Paxman shampoo and conditioner throughout my chemotherapy- the Paxman cold cap helped me to retain my hair, and the shampoo and conditioner ensured that my hair always looked good. I am continuing to use both after treatment.
Helped calm scalp
Customers also bought