Tints of Nature Hair Lightener Kit
- How to use
- Product FAQs
About Tints of Nature Hair Lightener Kit
After treatment for cancer, it’s common for hair to feel thinner or more brittle and even change colour. Some colours and lightening formulas may be harsh on hair that needs some extra TLC. Luckily, now you can brighten your hair with a naturally healthy blonde colour using Tints of Nature Lightener Kit.
Unlike other highlighters, Tints of Nature Lightener Kit is free from ammonia and carefully formulated with natural and organic ingredients that will nourish and protect, for hair that feels healthier than ever.
- Tints of Nature Lightener Kit is designed to lift and brighten medium brown to blonde hair by up to 7 shades.
- Formulated with natural and organic ingredients - packed full of natural and organic ingredients to gently nourish, condition and protect your hair whilst lightening.
- Free from ammonia, paraben and resorcinol.
- Vegan-friendly; all products from Tints of Nature are cruelty-free and never tested on animals.
- Made using efficient, energy saving and low carbon manufacturing methods.
- All packaging is recyclable and where possible is made from recycled materials.
The scalp and skin can often feel more sensitive after treatment for cancer. This can mean that many hair products designed to lighten the hair can potentially cause irritation, or make hair feel more stressed out. Tints of Nature Lightener Kit has been formulated to be as gentle as possible on your hair, skin and scalp. Created with natural and organic ingredients, it is free from ammonia, paraben and resorcinol.
Tints of Nature was developed in 1995 by the small team at Herb UK, to give consumers a natural alternative for hair care. Tints of Nature has harnessed the power and potential of kinder, more natural ingredients in the beauty sector, reducing the need for chemical formulas.
Easy to use at home, Tints of Nature Lightener Kit is designed to lift and brighten medium brown to blonde hair by up to 7 shades.
All products by Tints of Nature are vegan-friendly and have been created with the environment in mind. This conditioner is cruelty-free and has never been tested on animals. All packaging is recyclable or made from recyclable materials, and formulas are developed using efficient, carbon saving manufacturing methods.
Always make sure you carry out a skin sensitivity test before applying any colour to your hair to ensure you are not allergic to any ingredient used...even to the most natural of ones.
Ammonia Free Lightening Powder:
Ingredients: Potassium Persulfate, Sodium Silicate, Sodium Silicate, Silica, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrolysed Wheat Protein, Parfum, Geraniol.
Cream Activator 9%:
Ingredients: Aqua, Hydrogen Peroxide, **Cetyl Alcohol, **Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Ceteth-2, Ceteareth-25, Phosphoric Acid, Oxyquinoline Sulfate.
PEG -2 Soyamine, PEG-4 Rapeseedamide, *Denatured Alcohol, Oleic Acid, **Propanediol.
Ingredients: Aqua, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, **Lauryl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, **Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Laurate, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Panthenol, **Benzyl Alcohol, *Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, **Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, †Parfum, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, **Glycerin, *Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, *Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, *Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Polyquaternium-10, Citric Acid, **Salicylic Acid, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Ethylhexyglycerin, **Sorbic Acid, **Avena Strigosa (Black Oat) Seed Extract, **Lecithin, **Potassium Sorbate.
Ingredients: Aqua, **Cetyl Alcohol, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Stearalkonium Chloride, **Stearyl Alcohol, **Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, *Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract, PEG-100 Stearate, Oleth-10, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, *Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, *Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, *Glycerin, †Parfum, Citric Acid, *Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, *Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Polyquaternium-10, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopherol, **Avena Strigosa (Black Oat) Seed Extract, **Lecithin.
How do I use it?
Tints of Nature always recommends consulting your doctor before using hair dye post cancer treatment. Please ensure you have carried out a skin sensitivity test 48 hours before highlighting your hair.
- Put on your gloves. Using a plastic spoon and our Tints of Nature Mixing bowl, mix half a teaspoon of Lightening Powder with one and a half teaspoons of Cream Activator. Mix thoroughly into a smooth paste.
- Take an approx 1cm strand of your hair and apply the mixture. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Using a paper towel wipe the strand of hair clean and assess the level of lift at the roots, mid-lengths and ends.
- If the desired lift and shade has not been achieved re-apply the mixture to the same strand of hair and check every 5-10 minutes. (Please do not leave the formula on for longer than 45 minutes.) If during the test, your hair begins to heat or considerably weaken rinse off immediately and do not proceed with the application.
- Once your desired shade has been achieved, make a note of the development time and rinse the strand of hair clean. If you are happy with the results and you have carried out a skin sensitivity test with zero side effects, you are all set to lighten your hair! Please note development times may vary depending on the colour and condition of your hair.
Is Tints of Nature Lightener Kit suitable for people who are going through cancer treatment or recovery?
This Lightener kit is suitable for use after cancer treatment - Tints of Nature always recommends consulting your doctor before use. Don't forget to carry out a skin sensitivity test 48 hours before highlighting your hair.
For more information on Tints of Nature hair care during and after cancer treatment, please find a downloadable guide below:
How will I know which shade of blonde will look best on my hair?
If you follow the How to Use guidelines, you can test the formula on a 1 cm strand of hair to determine the best development time to get the colour you want. Don’t leave the colour on for more than 45 minutes as it could damage your hair.
We haven’t received any feedback on this product yet
If you have had a positive experience with this product let everyone know below!