Tints of Nature Permanent Hair Dye
- How to use
- Product FAQs
About Tints of Nature Permanent Hair Dye
After treatment for cancer, you may find that your hair is weaker, more brittle, growing back in a different colour or with less pigment. Natural, organic hair products like this permanent hair dye by Tints of Nature can help to restore colour, softness and elasticity to hair that’s not been feeling its best.
Get your hair feeling healthier and happier with this Tints of Nature permanent hair dye, for a natural colour and subtle gloss. This vegan-friendly dye uses naturally derived ingredients to give long-lasting, maximum colour performance and up to 100% grey coverage.
- Over 75% certified organic and 95% naturally derived ingredients, to gently nourish and protect your hair for gentle, at-home hair colouring.
- Free from ammonia, paraben and resorcinol.
- Vegan-friendly; all products from Tints of Nature are cruelty-free and never tested on animals.
- Contains the lowest possible levels of PPD - so it’s less likely to cause an allergic reaction.
- Up to 100% grey coverage for younger looking hair.
- Made using efficient, energy saving and low carbon manufacturing methods.
- All packaging is recyclable and where possible is made from recycled materials.
Tints of Nature Hair Dye is a great solution for anyone looking to home colour their hair after cancer treatment. If you lose your hair during chemotherapy, you may find that when it grows back, it's a slightly different colour - or even grey.
Many people want to make the most of their remaining hair or regrowth after treatment, so it's not surprising that we get so many requests for gentle hair colourants with fewer harmful chemicals.
The formula is SLS, ammonia, resorcinol and paraben free and has low PPD levels compared to other permanent hair dyes - meaning it's less likely to cause irritation or adverse reactions, even on very sensitive scalps.
The formula contains certified organic ingredients and natural extracts that help to add shine, vibrant pigments, and long-lasting colour.
Although Tints of Nature has low PPD levels compared so some other dyes, some people will still experience an allergic reaction to the hair colours. Therefore, it’s always advised to do a patch test before colouring your hair.
Ingredients:PEG-2 Soyamine, Aqua, *Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, **PEG-4 Rapeseedamide, *Alcohol Denat., **Propanediol, Oleic Acid, Ethanolamine, †Parfum, **Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Sodium Sulfite, p-Phenylenediamine, Sodium Hydrosulfite, 4-Chlororesorcinol, Ascorbic Acid, Tetrasodium Gluamate Diacetate, 2-Methylresorcinol, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate,*Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract, *Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract, *Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, 2-Amino-4-Hydroxyethylaminoanisole Sulfate, m-Aminophenol, N-Phenyl-p-Phenylenediamine Sulfate, Tocopherol.
Ingredients: Aqua, *Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, **Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, PEG - 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, **Glyceryl Laurate, Sodium Sulfite, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Urea, †Parfum, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citric Acid, *Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract.
Ingredients: Aqua, *Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Hydrogen Peroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopherol, Etidronic Acid, Polyquaternium-10.
Hydrate Organic Shampoo:
Ingredients: Aqua, **Cocamidopropyl Betaine, **Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, **Lauryl Glucoside, **Glycerin, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Glyceryl Laurate, **Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, **Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Panthenol, **Coco-Glucoside, **Glyceryl Oleate, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, **Benzyl Alcohol, †Parfum, **Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, *Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, *Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, *Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, *Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) Flower Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, **Salicylic Acid, *Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, **Sodium Phytate, **Sorbic Acid, **Avena Strigosa (Black Oat) Seed Extract, **Lecithin.
Hydrate Organic Conditioner:
Ingredients: Aqua, **Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate, **Cetyl Alcohol, *Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, **Stearyl Alcohol, *Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Panthenol, **Glycerin, **Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, †Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, **Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citric Acid, *Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) Flower Extract, *Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Potassium Sorbate, **Xanthan Gum, *Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, *Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, *Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, **Avena Strigosa (Black Oat) Seed Extract, **Lecithin.
How to apply Tints of Nature permanent hair dye...
Tints of Nature always recommends consulting your doctor before using hair dye post cancer treatment.
To achieve maximum results from your colour application treat your hair to a pre-colour treatment, with Tints of Nature Hydrate or Structure Treatment …and always remember to carry out your skin sensitivity and strand test!
1. Shampoo your hair using our Tints of Nature Clarify Shampoo and rinse thoroughly (this is great for resistant grey hair and removing any product or colour build up on your hair).
2. Towel dry your hair and gently comb through until it is tangle free.
3. Pop on the gloves provided.
4. Unscrew both bottles of the Colour Gel & Colourfix and pour the Colour Gel into the Colourfix bottle.
5. Pop the applicator cap firmly back on the Colourfix bottle and shake.
6. Unscrew the tip and use immediately.
7. For best results section your hair and gently squeeze the colour starting at the roots and hairline, working it through your hair.
8. Massage the colour into your hair until every strand of hair is covered.
9. Using the plastic cap provided, cover your hair completely, remove your gloves, rinse them clean and wait 30 minutes. (For grey hair coverage or hair lightening make this 40 minutes.)
10. Put the gloves back on and remove your plastic cap. Rinse your hair under warm water until the water runs clear.
11. Using the sachet of Hydrate Shampoo, massage into your hair and work into a creamy later.
12. Rinse and condition your hair using the sachet of Hydrate Conditioner. Comb through and leave for 5minutes.
13. Rinse thoroughly and blow dry.
14. Style as normal and admire your fresh new hair colour!
Are Tints of Nature Permanent Hair Dyes suitable for people who are going through cancer treatment or recovery?
This Permanent Hair Dye is suitable for use after cancer treatment - Tints of Nature always recommends consulting your doctor before use. Don't forget to carry out a skin sensitivity test 48 hours before highlighting your hair.
Tints of Nature hair products are developed to be especially kind to the hair and skin compared to other hair dyes. Containing fewer chemicals or potentially irritating ingredients, the entire range is cruelty-free.
For more information on Tints of Nature hair care during and after cancer treatment, please find a downloadable guide below:
How should I select my perfect Tints of Nature permanent hair dye?
Tints of Nature permanent shades will take your hair any shade darker and will lift your hair by one shade. To find your perfect shade with Tints of Nature colour, follow our step by steps…
1. Using our shade range, select a colour that represents your natural hair colour.
2. Choose any colour within that shade level, any shade darker, or up to one shade lighter.
For example: If 5N is your natural shade or close to, you can use any colour within the 5 range or darker. If you want to lift your hair by one shade you can use 6N.
Due to the gentle nature of our colour formulations, hair can only be lifted by one shade. To achieve a higher lift you will need Tints of Nature Highlight or Lightener Kit, suitable for medium brown to blonde hair.
Blonde is definitely a hard to achieve from a packet mix!! I am amazed at how good the Ash Blonde came out! Love that its natural ingredients, have to be so careful with what to use on my hair now its grown back - this definitely hasn't dried my hair out, its really soft - better than going to the hair dressers, cannot recommend enough!
This has a pleasant fruity scent and left my hair shiny and soft. I usually used other brands of hair dyes in the shades beginning with a 6, but although I went slightly darker with the Tints of Nature 5N, it was still a little lighter. I am a convert and will definitely buy Tints of Nature again.